The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
YUCK! Warning to anyone with weak stomachs, there are pictures of dead/decomposed animals in that link.

Nonetheless, it does drive the point home. Please recycle, everyone. At the very least, please don't litter. :(

·
Registered
567 Posts
Wow, that is sad. I can't believe those birds could even hold that much plastic in their digestive systems. I've seen footage on documentaries showing how the currents cause there to be places in the ocean that are like floating landfills...stuff ends up there and just stays in one area.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
We treat the whole world like it's a big trash heap.

It won't be long before Mother Nature comes to collect the rent, and that's going to hurt.

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
Wow, that is sad. I can't believe those birds could even hold that much plastic in their digestive systems. I've seen footage on documentaries showing how the currents cause there to be places in the ocean that are like floating landfills...stuff ends up there and just stays in one area.
Here's a link to that story.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That is incredible. Kind of reminds me of when we dissected owl poop in high school.

Church, the way I see it we're already on borrowed time. We were all supposed to die on Y2K lol.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I kinda question whether those pics are 100% authentic (don't birds typically pick at their food? That stuff looks very intact for birds to have eaten it), but i think that's beside the point. Whether or not those pics are real, there are consequences to our plastics addiction, and something as simple as recycling our plastics can very drastically reduce our problems.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I kinda question whether those pics are 100% authentic (don't birds typically pick at their food? That stuff looks very intact for birds to have eaten it), but i think that's beside the point. Whether or not those pics are real, there are consequences to our plastics addiction, and something as simple as recycling our plastics can very drastically reduce our problems.
Ofcourse they authentic! The little chicks get fed by their parents....

And it's so so sad!!! Albatross is one of my favorite birds and I do not have that many.....
How hard is it to recycle or throw your trash in the garbage.....
I hate seeing people litter, once made my friend to pull over on the side of the highway and pick up his garbage that he threw out of the window, now he knows better :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts