The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to freguent another forum and they constantly prompted you to vote for their site. I have not seen this on this site at all. Do we not compete for the overall aquatic "excellence" or whatever it may be called these days? Or did I miss it?

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
If plantedtank.net did enter, they'd think we are cheating.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
if you read whats posted here you know what the site has to offer :smile:

rated by member participation :sleep:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL. This has to be the best site hands down. Case closed.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I've delved into other forums but its nothing in comparison.
Just a bunch of people throwing around terrible information...
"Check your phosphates" is on just about every thread I read on many other forums, and its usually from people with 10-60k posts...
I'm wondering how many of that persons posts are "Check your phosphates"

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think when it comes down to amount of paticipaying knowledgeable members TPT has to be at the top if the list for all aroun planted rank excellence IMO.
+1

I'm new at fishkeeping. Almost everything I've learned, I've learned here. IMHO after visiting other sites, it is clear that TPT is the best source for information, so voting is not necessary.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Those that try the hardest to appear to be the best usually fall far behind those that are actually being the best :)
+1

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Great to see such positive words from our members! We must be doing something right.

Polling and voting is just silly. We don't care what others do and how they do it. However, we never take away from the offerings of other sites and have no problem cross referencing info from one site to another. For instance, I can say for a fact that the APC interface for the plant list is top notch and Caven Allen has spent alot of his time keeping that information up to date and cutting edge. But we have always had a solid membership here that really puts in a lot of effort to not only help keep the information up to date and current, but also do so with class.

We try and promote a very relaxed environment, free of bashing and trolling. You should be able to ask any question and expect a respectable answer almost every time. Not many sites can do that.

Keep up the good work everyone.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
It really helps that when I googled things when I first got into planted tanks, i would always put something like this.

"how to plant HC planted tank"
"do I need co2 planted tank"
etc, etc.
Obviously the majority of things that came back were from plantedtank.net so I became accustomed to seeing this page and decided I should just join!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The reason no one around here pushes these things? They don't matter, at all.

The "competition" is to be listed at the top of a website that is designed to advertise other products and links. It isn't anything more than that.

For instance, we have 47,765 members and 1,476,655.

Compare it to that list:
http://www.big-boards.com/kw/aquarium/

Lots of big ones not on the list, Cichlid-Forum has 63290 members.

The lists don't matter. They aren't accurate and no one uses them.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
One trueism in life, if you have to tell someone your the best...your not.

I'm relatively new here, however I've kept before some member's parents were married. There are a lot of helpful, friendly and knowledgable people here that don't get hung up in the usual web forum sillyness.

In my eye's that is all I need to know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.