The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually I strive to intercept packages as they are delivered. Not that I am hoping to be deceptive but that the topic is irrelevant. We have 10 tanks in our home. We must utilize commerce to fully facilitate this affliction.

Today I had a meeting after school, so I was late getting home. As I was driving down the street heading to my abode, I noticed my wife driving the other direction. I waved, but she did not see me.....or did she???

When I walked in the house there were six/6 large boxes from a purveyor of aquarium goods. I quickly un-packed a plethora of items...discarded the packaging into the recycling bins and stored the goods in their proper places.

My lovely spouse returns from the grocery store and says "what were all the packages in the hallway?" I said "just some filter stuff".

And the conversation was over!??!?????! it has been 2 hours and I am in the basement......waiting.........I believe the woman upstairs may very well be a POD! or I have achieved nirvana.....or I am in huge trouble and don't even know it.....

thank you for listening.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I believe that you are in huge trouble. Maybe not today, or next week, but at some point in time, this episode will come back to bite you in the butt.

Reactions: GraphicGr8s

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
One should make sure ones spouse is 'fat and happy' prior to the arrival of all packages containing aquatic purchases. This can be achieved in a multitude of ways. Making sure the honey do list is completed. Fixing dinner on the grill or whatever their favorite meal may be. Taking them out for a night on the town. Or maybe other ahem extra-curricular activities. The key here is a smiling and happy spouse who is in such a good mood that any and all purchases that may arrive are completely overlooked do to complete giddiness and total marital bliss.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I may be in a wee bit of trouble.....I was gone to NYC a week ago...missed her birthday. Didn't bring anything home from NY. She thought one of the boxes might be a birthday present...

I have to make something happen rather fast. This woman has put up with me flooding the laundry room countless times when I forget to shut off the RO unit.......

·
Registered
945 Posts
I think I may be in a wee bit of trouble.....I was gone to NYC a week ago...missed her birthday. Didn't bring anything home from NY. She thought one of the boxes might be a birthday present...

I have to make something happen rather fast. This woman has put up with me flooding the laundry room countless times when I forget to shut off the RO unit.......
Next post will be "How a simple float switch saved my marriage"

Good luck with this one.

·
Registered
135 Posts

Don't know what is in Grand Rapids, ND but you had best find a store that has something she likes to do and get her something nice...

Does she like cooking? Nice chefs knife... Crafting? Sewing? Super nice set of shears... Artist? Nice set of brushes...etc

You get the drift...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Don't know what is in Grand Rapids, ND but you had best find a store that has something she likes to do and get her something nice...

Does she like cooking? Nice chefs knife... Crafting? Sewing? Super nice set of shears... Artist? Nice set of brushes...etc

You get the drift...
I think I might think a little bigger if I was in his shoes. Something gold color with a rock or two attached to it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think I might think a little bigger if I was in his shoes. Something gold color with a rock or two attached to it.
Ha, not everyone likes things that sparkle, if I came home with something gold or silver and a rock it'd make things 100x worse.

Pretty sure my wife would follow through with the murder instead of just thinking it.... That is where knowing your partner comes in.

Now, a new sewing machine and I'd be off that couch in no time! :laugh2:

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Well as another owner that breached the double digits number of aquariums... I think they just get used to our mental health issue.
At least we are kinda predictable.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Get her something nice. My hubby would have heard it by now if he missed my bd, didn't get anything from NYC, and got a massive shipment of toys in while he was gone. I'm sure she's a bit hurt in the feelings department.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

Well, no update so I'm thinking you either did some quick thinking at the mall or you're locked away in a closet with the contents of those 6 boxes.

The ultimate solution: Pay the bills yourself and have packages delivered to where you work. Problem solved.

Bump: Forgot one point: plan your entrance to the house with the contents of boxes received out-of-domicile to avoid detection.

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
Well I can honestly say that after 35 years with the same woman and well into double digit tanks I just have everything shipped to the house. Always have. Three words I live by: I Don't Care. Works for me anyway.

Reactions: thedood

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have not done anything yet. I will be taking care of things this weekend....somehow....but yes, something nice needs to occur.
We have been in wedded bliss for nearly 30 years. Or maybe it is just me that has been in the "bliss" part???

She is used to my "obsessions" and is a great sport. She teaches first grade and I make sure I set up and tear down a nice tank in her classroom each year...as well as provide; snakes, spiders, lizards, salamanders etc.... as teaching tools for those little ones...

Maybe now is the time to get that 300 gallon tank I have wanted???

·
Registered
360 Posts
Or you could just plan something special for her ´just because´ every now and again - before you start feeling guilty about your hobby. This should go both ways though (imho). Honesty bla bla bla...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Nice to see others on here in the 25+ club. Ive been married to my wife for 25 years. Like others here she is pretty tolerant of my hobby. When I order aquarium supplies they are by my desk when i get home. In return she comes home to a nice dinner, she works second shift. I took the day off so when she gets home tonight it will be pulled pork from the smoker. All day job but worth it knowing how much she enjoys it.

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,343 Posts
Nice to see others on here in the 25+ club. Ive been married to my wife for 25 years. Like others here she is pretty tolerant of my hobby. When I order aquarium supplies they are by my desk when i get home. In return she comes home to a nice dinner, she works second shift. I took the day off so when she gets home tonight it will be pulled pork from the smoker. All day job but worth it knowing how much she enjoys it.
What time should I come over for that pulled pork?

25+? You guys are still infants.

·
Registered
806 Posts

Yeah, I'd go w/ the idea that you're in big trouble. lol It's still early in the weekend, so there's time to take her out to a nice dinner or cook something for her. Maybe get her a massage.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.