The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Bigal's most of time because I get my stuff in 2 days. I order urgent items from Thatpetstore because transit time is only one day.

I know Dr. Foster is a great store and am very interested in using them. But if the transit time is like one week, I'd be too impatient to use them.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Here is tracking info from my shipment.
Dec 5, 2009 5:06 AM Arrived at FedEx location PORTLAND, OR
Dec 3, 2009 8:29 PM Departed FedEx location SAINT PAUL, MN
Dec 3, 2009 1:55 AM Arrived at FedEx location SAINT PAUL, MN
Dec 2, 2009 5:40 PM Picked up EAGLE RIVER, WI

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those of you in MN & WI are lucky! 3 days ain't too bad if I don't need items immediately. I once ordered two items from Petstore.com and didn't know that their warehouse was in California. My patience was tested while I was waiting 10 days...

·
Registered
12 Posts
what's up with that little area in idaho? why does it take an extra day to there? it's like a black hole in idaho
That particular region of Idaho has a population density of less than one person per square mile. Probably lots of tiny back roads and only one UPS driver for a few hundred square miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
rhinelander is where the main store and warehouse are located. if you get a chance to go in person its quite impressive. tho the actual store has very few aquarium products on display. everything Ive ordered has come from there also. but they probably have a warehouse in Eagle River as well.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm very impressed by Dr Foster's service. I ordered a water pump on Sunday and received it today (Wednesday). They shipped right away on Monday and it took only two days via Fedex home delivery.

So, I received my item faster from Dr Foster than from Big Al's because it usually takes one business day for Big Al's to process an order. If I had ordered the same item from Big Al's on Sunday, I would receive it tomorrow because they would have shipped on Tuesday and used UPS instead of Fedex.

Looks like I'll order more from Dr Foster.

·
Registered
199 Posts
well I placed an order on Dec 7th and shipped very next day Dec 8 from Rhinelander, WI. FedEx showed estimated delivery on the 11th (3 days to Dallas, TX), but night before they changed it to the 12th (Saturday).

got my stuffs, and among few items, TOM's Mini Canister Filter was one of them. and the output nozzle was broken. So, I called that evening, and lady answered. after explaining what's wrong, and finding out I had a tank already setup (filled w/ water) she expedited my replacement for 2nd day delivery. and since it was Sat, they were gonna ship out one for me Monday. after getting all my info, she said "u know what, let see if I can speed it up more..." so, she upgraded my replacement to OVERNIGHT Delivery w/ no BS, or additional cost. over all, despite few hiccups, I'm very satisfied w/ their service. and deff will order from them again! :biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.