The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I've noticed a lot of you go out into the mountains to collect driftwood. I was wondering - where do you guys go and how do you know it's the right type of wood?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
talk to tom barr, he is local in sacramento. He actually goes traveling for the manzanita, I personally just go to his house and pay him lol. He has a bunch.

But if you are in a national park get the permit, its very cheap and it will allow you not to get a fine. Right now park rangers are very strict to.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hi all!

I've noticed a lot of you go out into the mountains to collect driftwood. I was wondering - where do you guys go and how do you know it's the right type of wood?

You're likely going to have to do the legwork and research yourself. Use the internet to read up on what you are trying to find, go search for it and if you find it, pull the permits so you can harvest.

Tom or PC1 might throw you some tips, but giving up their collection points hurts their business. Trade secrets, ya know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.