The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I believe its time to replace my 4 cf bulbs but gees to replace all 4 at the LFS would cost about what i paid for the lamp.

Where do you guys buy your CF light bulbs at reasonable prices?

I'm thinking i may change to t-5s

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I've been buying most of my bulbs from Marine Depot. Last few T5's though I've bought from the LFS. My local store just sent all the T5's back to the wholesaler since they don't sell enough to justify the inventory. She said she'd order them in for me at a reasonable markup though in the future. I hate grinding them for price breaks but without the inventory expense they actually have more flexibility with some brands.

SteveU

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Check your local electrical supply shop. They usually have a retail desk. Somewhere.
Ask them to look up a GE 9325 or equivalent. You may be very pleasantly surprised.

Replacing with T5 might be less expensive than buying new PC bulbs at the LFS.

Here's help, but I've no idea which is a supply shop and which is electricians.

Nusbaum Electric
- www.nusbaumelectric.com - (603) 882-2886
Dalpe Electric
- www.dalpeelectric.com - (603) 437-8553
Chuck's Electrical Services
- maps.google.com - (603) 432-5077
Apple Valley Electric
- maps.google.com - (603) 432-0445
Concord Electric Supply
- maps.google.com - (603) 421-0237
Dalpe Electric
- www.dalpeelectric.com - (603) 437-8553
Parker's Electric Services
- www.electricnh.com - (603) 434-6284
Community Electric & Lighting
- www.communityelectric.net - (603) 432-2293
Custom Design Electric Inc
- www.customdesignservice.com - (603) 437-8059
Gemini Electric
- www.geminielectricinc.com - (603) 644-7170

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
at my LFS they want $40 for one 55w cf so it would be $160 for 4
The Catalina deal is 4 bulbs for $45 (or something similar) and shipping is approx $10. I forgot to mention these other two earlier - AH Supply and Hello Lights supply the CF bulbs too.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Thanks was going to be ordering some cf's soon, ordering from catalina is gonna save me a bunch.
Are you certain that they will fit your fixture. Read, after googling catalina, that someone ordered them for a coralife fixture and found they were longer than the fixture.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you certain that they will fit your fixture. Read, after googling catalina, that someone ordered them for a coralife fixture and found they were longer than the fixture.
yes. just have to fill out the comments section when ordering from there, with what you size, wattage, pin type you need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts