The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 72g Bowfront... It is configured with 2 54w T5 HO lights - 10 Hours a day, Aquarium Plants C02 Regulator, Milwaukie controller set at 7.0ph, Aquarium Plants 5000 C02 reactor on pressure side, Eheim 2217 (I am in the process of adding another filter), EI dosing, 50% water changes weekly.

I'm not sure that I am totally happy with the aquascaping... I put some hair grass in last weekend but I'm not sure that was the right thing to do... I just think it needs something on the right and left sides... What do you think... Maybe some low growing plants in the front and some large ones on the sides??

Also>>

I had a problems with back orders and the results were that the c02 went in 3 weeks after I planted the aquarium. I did get a algae on one plant only..Here it is.. Should I pull that plant and start over before it spreads??

So where do I go from here???... Any and all help would be appreciated..

Thanks,

·
Registered
672 Posts
I had the same problem on my plants. I added 3 ottos, cranked up the co2 continued to EI dose, and run my lights 4.5 hrs on 3 hours off, 4.5 hrs on. Within 3-4 weeks that algae was gone. To me it looks like brown Diatom algae....have you recently setup the tank? or recently aquascaped stuff.....Ottos love this stuff and will devour it, allowing your plant to spruce itself up once the algae is gone

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the nput..

Yes it is a new tank.. Running a month and planted for 3 weeks.

Will running the lights 5 on, 5 off, 5 on stress the fish??

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
72 bow fronts could be a little challenging (have one for about 4 years), but overall it's a pretty good tank. Personally I would bunch your stems more around that wood piece you have. Trim them to get them to grow in thicker then use lower plants to fill in around the wood and the foreground. But at the end of the day it's a personal thing and you have to like it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
How about sloping(raise the back/lower the front) the substrate terrain.

Might entail adding more subtrate though. Make the driftwood the lowest point in the tank. These suggestions might add depth to your tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.