The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one of my female kick the babies out with her swimmerettes. It (the baby) sank to the gravel and was twitching. I've been expecting to see little shrimps crawling around the bowl but I haven't seen any. Are they dormant for a few days before they are developed?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Ummmmmm...they're really really small when first "hatched". It would be very difficult , if not next to impossible, to see them in tank. You have them in a bowl?? Clear? White? They newborn cherries are going to almost 100% transparent, making them almost impossible to view. But they grow fast!! If you got them in a bowl, maybe you can make out a little "twitching" movement and I'm talking littleeeeeeeeeeee. Oh ya, no, they aren't dormant. They are just the tiniest versions of their parents. Try looking in the bowl with a magnifying glass.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the 2 gallon bowl is well planted.. So it's next to impossible to spot them then.. Yes, I noticed that they're transparent. I was hoping to see them on the plants. It's hard enough to find the adults... Do you guys feed you excess shrimps to the fishes?

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally saw one... Holy cow they're small. They're literally is the size of a flea.. maybe smaller. It's hard to see if they're fully formed when they're that small... and it's gray.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.