The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought 8 RCS about 5-6 weeks ago, past few days I haven’t seen any but 2 & now I can only see one.

Is it a possibility they are hiding underneath my Monte Carlo carpet? I found one out of the tank, but definitely no others have jumped, and no fish in the tank that would attack & eat the entire shrimp, very confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
They very well could be hiding. If they feel threatened by the other inhabitants they'll be very cautious about coming out in the open. Try waiting until night time and use a strong flashligh. If they're in there you should be able to spot them then.

Reactions: LTom

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What other fish do you have? Check your filter? Lots of hiding places in your tank?
Not many fish, 4 neon tetras, 5 lemon minnows, 3 ember tetras & 2 other tetras but can’t remember their name, maybe diamonds, all fine with she shrimp when I saw them, the shrimp were all bigger than the fish to be honest, I’ll check the filter tomorrow I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
628 Posts
My Amanos disappeared for three weeks after I put them in the tank. Now they're all over the place. I used to have a loach that I wouldn't see for weeks at a time. The fish might have harassed them into hiding. They might be coming out at night.

·
Super Moderator
16,998 Posts
Not many fish, 4 neon tetras, 5 lemon minnows, 3 ember tetras & 2 other tetras but can’t remember their name, maybe diamonds, all fine with she shrimp when I saw them, the shrimp were all bigger than the fish to be honest, I’ll check the filter tomorrow I think
That's likely why you don't see your shrimp. You added 8 shrimp, 1 died that you know of. And you have 14 fish. If they're alive, they're inevitably hiding.

It's important to remember that nature is at work. While not all fish will go after shrimp larger than them, many will. It's their nature. They'll harass, hunt, etc. If it can fit in their mouth and it seems tasty? They'll eat it.

To rule out other issues: What are your water parameters? What's the volume of your tank? Could you post a photo so we can see the tank?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.