Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Moderatore Note: Deleted- vendor review

I order only the 2 fish I wanted.

Pay for them Johnny on the spot. 2 week go by … yes I complain and give a negative feed back but why should I get one as well I did nothing wrong.

Here’s a Quote from the seller and the rest of the story.

“got two fish from my raok it took me some time to ship for problems i was having he received everything as described and hes complaining even though i put 95 cents out of my own pocket to ship the fish never doing a raok again thanks”

So I paid through PayPal on the 4th of August you said you would ship out Saturday the 6th.

I kept looking for a tracking number from PayPal and such but never got one but figured you didn’t get one so I started looking for the fish to come. By the 9th of August I had not received any such fish and sent you a PM here through the forum. You never responded to it. On the 11th I contacted PayPal about the non shipment. I was perched ready to file a complaint through them mostly because of your lack of communication with me.

I sent and e-mail through PayPal to you that you finally responded to. You said there waas a mix up of some kind and would ship the fish out this time on Saturday the 13th of August. Again no tracking number or anything was received by me until Tuesday, Indicating that the fish shipped out on Tuesday the 16th. In the mean time however, I again posted yet a third communication to you via the forum which went ignored.

I am not supposed to be annoyed?

You take my money Johnny on the spot I sent it to you without delay in fact with moments of you saying you had fish available for me. And you delay sending me what I paid for for nearly 2 weeks.

[/FONT][/COLOR]As for the cost to you I refund the cost difference you said $0.95.

Here’s the payment tracking number: Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 7DT25225MF312351F)

You could have asked for any amount you wanted so don’t blame ne the pricing on me. Don’t blame my complaining on me. I have a right to complain when I believe someone has taken my money, indeed, would have stolen from me. I believe that it was only through the threat of a PayPal complaint did you follow through.”

So, the thread is closed, My Rating now sucks.

All because this guys doesn’t like that fact that I complained about him stealing my money or nearly so. Because he ignored me for 14 days and I complain to PayPal about him. I believe this is the only reason he shipped the fish.

I have only made a couple of other purchases and every time I pay instantly. And the items were sent the next day or the next convenient day. Until this time the guy ignores my emails for 14days. Of course I gave him a negative rating he simply refuses to communicate.

If he was having problems at his end, all he would have had to do was take a couple of moments and send me an email. I am a very understanding person life happens all around us every day. But to leave me in the dark is no way to treat anyone. And to later make the complaint that it cost more that I paid … now whose fault was that? Notice I made sure to pay him his stinking $0.95.

Alas, I have a rating that sucks and in all likelihood will not be corrected and leave everyone and anyone who would want to make a transaction with me to wonder.

I guess I too will never buy or sell anything from here again because no one will trust me.

When will I be vindicated?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
That's the problem with feedback systems. It's not a true picture in many cases. I'd guess that for every negative left here there are 100 others that won't be left because of situations like this. I guess I'm saying that you got the feedback I'd expect to get. Not saying it's deserved just that's how it is.

I'd rather see the system go away since I don't believe it reflects reality nor does it protect anyone. I could have a really good rating and then start ripping people off anytime. Seen it happen on other forums before.

Before I decided on a transaction I look more at how a member participates and not a silly rating.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Well, it's supposed to be an act of kindness and really you didn't pay for the fish, you just paid the shipping.

It sounds like the fish shipped 2 weeks late, but otherwise the transaction went ok. What vindication are you looking for? Do you think that you should get top-notch customer service for nothing?

ROAK is just that. If you aren't willing to handle a few speed bumps along the way, maybe you should think twice before doing another ROAK.

There are lots of places that will give you great communication and quick shipping, but not for free.

·
Registered
584 Posts
2 weeks with no communication with multiple attempts to contact is a little excessive though and I think any reasonable person would start to think they have gotten ripped off. Sure it was just the cost of shipping, but that is still money out of the pocket. If I paid for RAOK and the seller tells me, hey it is going to be a month before I can ship, that is likely going to be OK with me, but they need to let me know that is going to be the case.

Well, it's supposed to be an act of kindness and really you didn't pay for the fish, you just paid the shipping.

It sounds like the fish shipped 2 weeks late, but otherwise the transaction went ok. What vindication are you looking for? Do you think that you should get top-notch customer service for nothing?

ROAK is just that. If you aren't willing to handle a few speed bumps along the way, maybe you should think twice before doing another ROAK.

There are lots of places that will give you great communication and quick shipping, but not for free.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Why would ROAK be treated any different from other transaction?

If you offered something regardless if it's free and someone paid to ship then you're obligated to at least inform the person of a delayed shipping or ship it in a timely manner. If not hten refund the shipping costs.

It is ridiculous to not offer any communication but then again that's how I am to avoid these situations with buyers.

Why offer it if you can't come through?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Why would ROAK be treated any different from other transaction?
Because you're not paying for it, you are getting something for free on a forum. So, sure, it's pretty rude not to communicate for 2 weeks. But, to take such a strong, emotional stand and talk about vindication is kind of silly.

If you paid top dollar for something and they didn't communicate, that would be different.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2 weeks with no communication with multiple attempts to contact is a little excessive though and I think any reasonable person would start to think they have gotten ripped off. Sure it was just the cost of shipping, but that is still money out of the pocket. If I paid for RAOK and the seller tells me, hey it is going to be a month before I can ship, that is likely going to be OK with me, but they need to let me know that is going to be the case.

Like I said, if he would have communicated he was having trouble there would have been no problem. His lack of communication is where the trouble lies. Speed bumps are ... " het you bought this roak and a few thing are getting in the way of me shipping it out right away ... is that OK?”... It not ignoring the buyer altogether.

Thanks for the support.

Best wishes,
Wes

·
Registered
430 Posts

Are you serious? This guy is entitled to know what is going on with the delivery. He still paid for the shipping and was only expecting to know when to expect it's arrival. Any normal person would expect the same - even though I don't know you I am sure you would be a little miffed if someone took money from you and didn't respond to any of your attempts to contact. It's common courtesy - i know I wouldn't be happy if I was being ignored after sending someone cash for something.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
We do not allow good OR bad vendor reviews outside of the TPT pTrader system.

Bad internet vendor reviews can and have resulted in serious lawsuits. MOST forums will not allow them any more for that reason.

Since TPT does NOT want to allow only good reviews, to be as fair as possible, we do not allow ANY vendor reviews.

This rule is VERY clearly stated in the TPT rules, and members who break these rules are subject to warnings, infractions, and even banning for those who refuse to abide by them.

The pTrader system is the best we can do to allow feedback in the imperfect internet world.

As Mistergreen said, if you have evidence to suggest that someone is taking advantage/stealing from TPT members please bring it to the staff's attention. We take that VERY seriously. Doesn't matter who it is, or how much they may or may not have posted or spent on forum membership or sponsorship or whatever; we expect EVERYONE to abide by the same rules, and if anything have higher expectations from the behavior of Supporting members than anyone else.

We do NOT generally make disciplinary action public, however- which can lead people to draw their own erroneous conclusions sometimes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.