The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi too all. I am new to the forum, and I wanted to find out if I can start dosing ferts to my 90 gal tank from the first day I set it up? Or how long do I have to wait before I can start dosing, if I have to wait? I will be doing the EI method

1 tsp KNO3
1/4 tsp KSO4
1/4 tsp KH2PO4
1/4 tsp Micro

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wouldn't use any fertilizers in a tank without plants. If you have plants in the tank then start fertilizing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thanks. The tank is not set up yet, I am just reading and trying to get info before I start.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
I would say dose the first day you have everything set up and plants in the tank.
what kind of lighting are you using? maybe you call us a little about the set up....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say dose the first day you have everything set up and plants in the tank.
what kind of lighting are you using? maybe you call us a little about the set up....

It's a 90gal L-48" H- 24" W- 18". the lights i have are 4 x 54W HOT5, and the light is 5" above the rim of the tank.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It really doesn't matter. You can dose Pre plants and it's not going to hurt anything but you must dose as soon as you add the plants.

What substrate are you going to use?
Okay thanks. I am using Fluval Plant Stratum substrate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts