The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is a tank done? I feel like a lot of people get addicted to this hobby, start out with an idea of how it should look, but then the tank will change over time with organic growth. Do you rescape? Start over? Feel happy the tank is established? What's the longest tank you've kept? Obv, this is a matter of personal preference, but just curious what more experienced aquarists have thought during the life spans of their projects...

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I have what may be called a question which goes/w yours.
I had a couple of tanks when I was 14. A 30L being the last one.
Now as of 2012 I have started back into the hobby, but just with a couple of 10g tanks.
Did excel in one for a while but stopped that a few months back.
Along the way, I've been belittled by one particular moderator for having "only 10g tanks." And it was related to my resistance to using injected CO2 in them also.
But my tanks are still up and running after 4 years.
I watched a flourist make up several floural bouquets in abut 25 min.
Given a bit of talent, anyone can make a floural bouquet. What will it look like four years from now.

·
Banned
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool

Yea, that's well spoken. Wow, four years, that's pretty cool. Share some pics. Maybe the moderator is mad because she thinks most people ditch a 10g because of the longevity of committment. I can see that happening because people are like oh this is sexy to have on my book case but don't have the follow through to see it years after.

I have what may be called a question which goes/w yours.
I had a couple of tanks when I was 14. A 30L being the last one.
Now as of 2012 I have started back into the hobby, but just with a couple of 10g tanks.
Did excel in one for a while but stopped that a few months back.
Along the way, I've been belittled by one particular moderator for having "only 10g tanks." And it was related to my resistance to using injected CO2 in them also.
But my tanks are still up and running after 4 years.
I watched a flourist make up several floural bouquets in abut 25 min.
Given a bit of talent, anyone can make a floural bouquet. What will it look like four years from now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.