The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made several CO2 Generators that involve yeast and i have notices silicone and differing diameter holes to tubings will probably leak at some time. Thus, I just wanted to tell you all in the community that gorilla glue is GREAT! at sealing these leaks. So when making DIY jsut use gorilla glue to make your generators.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Not only at some time... it will definately leak eventually when you use silicon to glue up those joints that connect your bottle to the CO2 line.
I've used clear silicone, black silicone, PVC glue, power glue... all are quite crappy compared to what I use.

I've come up with a thing that you might never seen before and some of you might find it amusing and even laughable...

DIY CO2 bottle, medical style :D

It is basically imitating IV injection route as in hospitals.
Here I use rubber bottle stopper and an injection needle, a rubber band and a CO2 line. The rubber stopper has good resealability properties, it wont leak if you apply that regular CO2 shake. No worry of blowing up your bottle anymore, the stopper will just pop up when the pressure is too much to hold.

Why with the rubber band? it is there to hold the weight of the CO2 line, so there is no excess pressure on the neddle to stopper contact, prolonging the life of the system. You can expect for as long as 6 to 12 months before replacing with a new rubber stopper. The stainless neddle last longer than 2 years for as I experience.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I've never had a leak with any type of tubing. Drilling a hole smaller than the tubing and pulling said tubing though the hole works every time. It's the K.I.S.S. principle at it's best.

I use this same method to build my bubble counters and DIY reactors. Never a leak.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never had a leak with any type of tubing. Drilling a hole smaller than the tubing and pulling said tubing though the hole works every time. It's the K.I.S.S. principle at it's best.

I use this same method to build my bubble counters and DIY reactors. Never a leak.
on a soda bottle yes it works but what I use it does not

1 - 5 of 5 Posts