The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am confuesed i have hornwort but what do i do with it? like it jus floats and block mi light :eek: any one have sugestion on where to put it / plantin ideas
thanks guy

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hornwort is a floating plant, you don't plant it. I have seen some people make a structure out of PVC pipe and then wrap the hornwort around that. Once it grows in, depending on how deeply you place the PVC structure, it can look like it is planted, and creates a kind of wall effect.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hornwort is a floating plant, you don't plant it. I have seen some people make a structure out of PVC pipe and then wrap the hornwort around that. Once it grows in, depending on how deeply you place the PVC structure, it can look like it is planted, and creates a kind of wall effect.
Thank you i hav some pvc tube maybe i can make cave or somethiln :icon_bigg

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Go to your local fish store and pick up some plant weights. Use a bit of foam and loosely wrap the weight around the bottom stems and place in tank. Contrary to popular belief, so called lead weights aren't made out of led.They are made out of Zinc and are 100% safe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can wrap horn wort around drift wood and filter intakes or outtakes in the tank I just wrap the plant around what ever i am thinking of attaching it to and use fishing line to tie it down very lightly so it doesn't harm the stem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts