The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I’m starting EI dosing tomorrow and I figured I would set up an auto doser to make the up keep easier on my wife if I need to leave town for a few days also so I can set it and forget it and just check on the jugs every few days and refill as necessary because I’m lazy and forgetful.
I was wondering how much macro (K2SO4, KH2PO4, AND KNO3) do I mix to water in order to get the appropriate strength to dose every other day? Same thing for iron chelate. Right now I’m just going with the sticky from Wö£fëñxXx and figured I will adjust as I get more experienced
specs
55g high light moderately to highly planted with pressurized CO2 (drop checker lime green)

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Figure out how much water you are going to use to dose each time. Mix from the sticky the dry amount for the number of days you want the batch to last and add water the amount needed to reach the number of days. Say you want to dose 1 oz of water with the ferts. You want the bottle to hold 16 days. Add the daily dry dose times 16 to the bottle and then fill until there is 16 oz of water in the bottle. Mix extremely well and you are set.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Chuck Gadds Aquarium Calculator will give you what you are looking for. I can't find it on the internet, but I have a copy I could send you. Its only 680 kb, so it should email easily.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Chuck Gadds Aquarium Calculator will give you what you are looking for. I can't find it on the internet, but I have a copy I could send you. Its only 680 kb, so it should email easily.
I would like a copy of that calculator as well if you wouldnt mind. Gonna be ordering my ferts this weekend sometime and have been doing all the reading I can.

Thanks in advance.:proud:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Here's a pretty good calc. Just enter how many gallons your aquarium is and it'll tell you a dry dosing method & making a stock solution method. You'll want to look at the stock solution method. http://www.thenutrientcompany.com/aquarium/calculators/

Just a little heads up. If your tap water is particularly hard (lots of Mg and Ca already there), you don't have to dose MgSO4.

For traces I use Flourish Comp instead. Here's why http://www.gpodio.com/fert_table.asp
I just use the Fertilator Calc over at APC and figure out how many ml of flourish I need to dose by trying to get .1-.2 ppm of Fe per dose. For my 20g tank it takes 3ml of Flourish to do this.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I would like a copy of that calculator as well if you wouldnt mind. Gonna be ordering my ferts this weekend sometime and have been doing all the reading I can.

Thanks in advance.:proud:
Send me a pm with an email address I can send it to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.