Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It's all horrible... redo it all.

Votes: 2 13.3%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**NOTE** I know this is not a planted tank, and I'm not planning on making it a planted tank... I just wanted your opinion on it. We have a couple of other planted tanks, but......

I just purchased this 55 gallon tank. It has a black background, a lot of bogwood, and a few pieces of petrified wood. I'm just a little frustrated on figuring out what looks best. I really like the petrified wood on the right hand side, but I like the bogwood too. What do you think... do they both look okay together or should I redo it and just use one of the two? Please feel free to give any constructive advice.

Sorry about the hazy water... hoping it will clear up soon!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
When it comes to hardscape, most advise to use one kind of rock material (you can use wood with the rock, but make that material similar, too). I challenge you to find me an Award-winning tank with multiple kinds of stone. So, my recommendation is to pick your favorite and go with it - I voted for the bogwood.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I voted for the last one simply becasue there isn't a 'redo it and use the same stuff' option. I don't think it's horrible, but I think a little TLC and creativity could make the 2 peices work well together. I would change the scape so the wood is blended with the petrified wood in a more natural looking scape. It's not bad, but could be better, especially with some plants (real or fake)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I voted for the petrified wood because the bogwood just screams for plants. You're sure you're not going to make it planted? What kind of fish are you going to have in it? I think it should be planted :hihi:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.