The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
Anubias ! All types. and crypts as well :)
i really love all Anubis varieties. It was my first love in my relationship with planted tanks years ago and will always have a special place in my heart. Now though I have begun to appreciate all the different types of crypts, the harder to find/grow types. I have quite a few rarities in the journal in my sig "crs/crypt playground.

But, for an all time single favorite plant I would have to go with Polygonum Sao Paulo. It add a beautiful red coloration to any tank and is about the best behaved stem I have ever kept. It grows pole straight up and down and can be made into a beautiful stand if you make it happy and have a little patience.

Pics from my tank. :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
I love my Scarlet Red Temple. The underside of the leaves have a gorgeous color and they are fun to watch at night because the leaves stand straight up like they are reaching towards the light!

·
Registered
544 Posts
What's the scientific name?
Umm, I'm pretty sure it is Alternanthera Reineckii. I'm not good with scientific names at all. I only remember what the labels said the more common names are. Although when I search 'Alternanthera Reineckii' it pulls up variations of this plant, but its the scientific name that fits it closest.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Umm, I'm pretty sure it is Alternanthera Reineckii. I'm not good with scientific names at all. I only remember what the labels said the more common names are. Although when I search 'Alternanthera Reineckii' it pulls up variations of this plant, but its the scientific name that fits it closest.
Wow I just bought some of these from petsmart. LOL! they sell it in an airtight package with agar gel to keep the plants from dehydrating + nutrition. o_O I planted them outside in my outside tank... I hope they'll do fine o_O

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.