1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Interesting, with the exception of the ADA canister filter, all that stuff was manufactured for the reef hobbyist. Not that it can't be used for planted tanks, it sure can. However, I would wonder if adding all that equipment would result in a better tank, even if I was willing to spend the money.

I'd have to say that I'm more or less content with the equipment I'm using on my planted tank today. To answer your original question, "If money didn't matter, what equipment do you guys wish you could have?", I'd want several more large aquarium systems, both planted and reef, and the time to maintain them.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, with the exception of the ADA canister filter, all that stuff was manufactured for the reef hobbyist. Not that it can't be used for planted tanks, it sure can. However, I would wonder if adding all that equipment would result in a better tank, even if I was willing to spend the money.
lol, very true. I'm running one tank I have with spiral cfls and an aquaclear 30. :icon_smil

I just like how "Techy" some of those things are. You can customize everything and monitor it all over your computer. For example, that light can wirelessly communicate with the wavemaker to create storms, night flows, etc. And with the Seneye in combination with the Radion LED light, you can create any PAR/Kelvin Temperature you can dream of. No more water testing with the Seneye either, it continously does it and reports to the computer. The whole auto pilot water changing and fert dosing is just cool and makes life easier. :biggrin:

I guess this rabbit whole can get as deep as you let it.:icon_eek:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
That Seneye monitoring system is very cool. I would not mind having one of those. Any idea on where to buy those and how much they cost?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you forgot the tank... Haha, CO2?
Probably a nice wide and shallow rimless Optiwhite from Aquariums Ltd.

Help me out on the CO2. I've only used DIY yeast so I don't now anything about that stuff.:icon_redf

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That Seneye monitoring system is very cool. I would not mind having one of those. Any idea on where to buy those and how much they cost?
Don't think its out yet...maybe a few beta testers. It'll be here when it comes out though http://www.seneye.com/

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yup, I would get all that with ada co2, inline co2, plate heater, Ada 60-p, ada tools, Ada Amazonia, Ada stand the acrylic one. I would have the about the same equipment for saltwater, but I would probably have a sump.

Inline diffuser

Ada stand, yo need pretty equipment to go under it

Ada growth plate/heater

Ada co2

Now if the stand wasn't see through then I would get inline heater, gla co2 system, large ehiem, stuff that doesn't look good but works well

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Vortexer, laminar flow hood, compound microscope, dissecting microscope, spectrophotometer, various probes....bar stirrer...

·
Registered
952 Posts
I would have a huge storage room full of ready to go rimless tanks of all shapes and sizes.

Similar to Dave, I would like the time to have fun with all of my aquariums but also the energy.

I would have a full CO2 system for all of my planted tanks with a pH controller.

I'd have a par meter for sure.

I'd have all LED lights. All would be on digital timers. Will also have moon lights for each tank.

Endless supply of all different kinds of substrates... Aquasoils, sand, gravel, etc.

I'd have automatic feeders.

Automatic water changing system and a full time plumber to set it up and maintain it until I can do it on my own LOL.

Would have the system that tells me all of my water parameters always and uploads it to my computer. I'd have a system/progam that would show me the parameters over time.

Endless supply of all kinds of driftwood and rocks.

Endless supply of shrimp caves.

Huge eheims for every tank and sumps for each. My saltwater would have an eheim but would have a huge sump with an awesome macroalgae refugium and then a huge protein skimmer.

I'd have a breeder box for every tank (like the kind mordalphus sells) or some type of refugium for babies/fry or live food that is waiting to be eaten.

RO/DI system built into my house.

I think thats good... Lol.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.