Registered
588 Posts
Thanks for fixing that, autocorrext is horrid. Haha
Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Yea as in why is the water so low in your tank ? It may be necessary to use
something to make a barrier around the filter discharge but raising the water till it
is actually in the water instead of up out of it may be enough.
As for the Wisteria...exactly which light and how many hrs is it on each dy and how high over the tank is it ? The next thing is what are you using for ferts ?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using the 20" Finnex fugeray, that's two inches of the tank and it's on for 8 hours a day. Using seachem root tabs and seachem flourish every few days.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Flourish is a Micro fert and I believe the directions say two or three times a week.
You have been around for a while so using Osmocote + tabs would work for you for the Macros ferts. The directions MUST BE FOLLOWED or you can overdose the tank on them
is the reason I mentioned your being around for a while/not new. I'm maybe half way between new and exp. and I overdosed my tank/w that old thing about "if a little is good then a lot might be better" when I added too much Laterite mixed in/w Flourite for my sub. They are cheap and can be bought from this link on here.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=506393&highlight=
You may want to read this for info on Micro/Macro ferts.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107303
Anubia and Java Fern tied to rock/wood will not benefit from root tabs however.
Same thing for floaters.

·
Registered
890 Posts
How long has the wisteria been in your tank? It looks like it is transitioning from emersed form.

·
Plant Whisperer
2,550 Posts
The wisteria is converting from emersed to submersd growth so I'd ignore that plant for the moment.

The floating plants look like they have some discoloration on the leaf tips of old leaves (usually a nitrogen deficiency sign), but I can't make it out from the video.

Can you take a few close up photos of the floating plants?

Also, what are your nitrate readings and what ferts are you adding for nitrogen?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts