The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Leaf Botany Wood Terrestrial plant

First post, so hopefully I don't screw this up. I have two rock shrimp, that are dull and no longer sitting in the current with their fans open. They have these weird circles on them (see attachment). I'm having one major problem after another with this tank, but I can't seem to figure out this latest one. Any help/advice would be great. Thanks!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just did a quick strip test,
GH ~ 60 ppm
KH ~ 180 ppm
pH ~ 7.2
Is that the problem??

Bump:
Just to know, what other problems have you been having with the tank? They may be helpful in determining what may have lead to this. Used any meds, if so what kind?

I don't know for sure, but I would suspect that your water is too acidic and it is dissolving the shrimp's exoskeleton.
I have all kinds of algae problems, including blue-green algae. I've put in a new CO2 set up, using poor-mans dosing drops, increased flow, and improved lighting. I put in a new substrate for the plants, and added more plants. I have some algae eaters, and trying to pull out any large bits of algae. I'm treating the blue-green algae with myecin, but so far it doesn't seem to be helping. So my last two options are blackout or the h2o2 method.

Bump:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.