The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I grow plants for my LFS. The plants in MY tanks grow well, no problems.

However, when I take my plants to the LFS and they display them for sale they quickly degrade in quality. Many are looking pretty ragged after only a week or less.

LFS tanks are 55g, he has two T5HO bulbs over each of them. I give him my fertilize and I believe he uses it diligently. He has no CO2.

The ferts I give are a diluted form of what I use on my high tech tanks. Primarily KNO3, kh2po4, k2so4, csm+b; on the EI system.

I ran water tests on his tanks today and found:

--Last day before water change--
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrate: 20-30ppm
GH: 16dGH
I'll bring my phosphate test kit tomorrow when I visit his shop.

Please look over the photos and tell me what you see. I'm stumped. I can imagine he has any nutrient deficiency because I don't in my tanks.

Perhaps it's his VERY high GH hardness? My GH is pretty low, so there is a difference.

The ludwigia & the nymphs have only been there for 6days. The water sprite 2 weeks. The swords have been there much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Hoppy, I thought some of it looked like a nutrient imbalance...

But I can't figure out why my leaves look brown & 'burnt'. It doesn't seem to scrape off. If it is an algae, it's not something I've encountered in my tanks before.

1 - 2 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.