The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are 2 pics one of my 35 its a brown hair algae? but i thought hair algae was green. and the 40 breeder with all my plant leaves having a brown film on them. i have kept tanks but never encountered this before. also this is my first pressurized co2 and real plants so whole new league i know. and any ideas on how to get rid of it? im not useing fertz so should i start? im just lost rt now.
ty
this is the 40

this is the 35

·
Registered
206 Posts
There was a discussion going on about this algae the other day don't know if it is the same algae...
Heres the link to the post

Pretty much the consensus is that increased maintenance is your main weapon and amanos are your soldiers. Combined, THEY MAKE CAPTAIN AQUARIA!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Oh and if you're not using ferts and it looks like you have an inert substrate, YES you should get on a fert schedule! I mean, you didn't just pressurize your tank for the pretty bubbles?!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol no not for the pretty bubbles i have a good plant substrate. thats doing very well i just havnt started useing ferts yet ty for the link leaf

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont think thats the same stuff. the pics in the other thread look almost slimmy mine is not slimmy. idk maybe i turn the lights off for a few days or will it just go away as the tank gets established. my 29 and 55 never had this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts