The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
The scent adds to the quality of life for the plants, allowing them to fully expand to their maximum potentials, and vibrate with good feelings. (Works best with Penac)

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
I don't see what's so strange about it. Aren't there forest scented air fresheners? It's for the person's experience not the plants. If a certain fragrance is going to make someone enjoy their setup more then more power to them.

No, I didn't drink the Kool-Aid!

·
Banned
934 Posts
I don't see what's so strange about it. Aren't there forest scented air fresheners? It's for the person's experience not the plants. If a certain fragrance is going to make someone enjoy their setup more then more power to them.

No, I didn't drink the Kool-Aid!
You sure you didn't drink the Kool-Aid? Just kidding, to each his own.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
might also help with detection of leaks much like they add the scent to propane gas.
Thats what I was going to suggest, allow for knowing if you have a leak as does natural gas, or propane or most of the odorless gases we like to play with. lol.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Hoppy's been drinking the Kool- aid again.
Everyone on here drinks some variety of kool aid, but back to the original question. I thought I read somewhere that it's to let you know that the tank is almost empty. I don't remember where I heard that or how true it is.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
If a certain fragrance is going to make someone enjoy their setup more then more power to them.
Agreed.

But there's still a certain irony in taking a natural tank, then adding artificial fragrances to make it smell natural.

Especially when they don't really smell like the environment they're claimed to represent, but an re-imagined and idealized version instead.

Now if ADA releases "Florida Everglades - now with more H2S!", I'll be impressed.

In the meantime, I get my fix of Japanese fad consumerism from Hello Kitty CO2, which fortunately smells nothing like a real kitty.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts