The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I am looking to take out my ugly heater and would like to get something that attaches to my eheim. Needs to be very dependable and accurate. Price is not an issue.

What do you all suggest? Up to this point I've only been using heaters that go in your tank.

thanks.

I need this ugly thing gone:

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
I use the hydor inline heater in 4 of my tanks.
I bought three new.
The 4th is a 300w that came with my Ada 60-p. And he had it running for over a year when I asked him.

Pretty sure you'll be happy with either one.

I would suggest one of those auto shut off thing for that tank just in case if it goes bad won't kill all your shrimps.
I think its Finnex that makes it.

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

·
Registered
432 Posts
I use a hydor on my main display. Had to split a fluvals output to make it work because of the hose diameter difference. This heater has kept my tank temp the steadiest I've ever seen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
620 Posts
Do you like your Jager? If so, keep the Jager and put it inside an inline heater housing or make your own out of PVC.

I also use hydor for my 90gal. Pretty good so far.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Get a Hydor inline heater and Temperature Controller STC-1000 with sensor. My water temperature is always at 23.5c +/- .3 degrees. If the temperature drops .3 the heater will go on if it goes up by .3 the fan kicks in. I Love it.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
My two CRS tanks are opposite sides of my room, one is 66-68, the other is 72-74, so the warmer one is for the moms to go into to give birth and the colder one, everyone is fine in. I rather not heat it than worry about a heater screwing up and toasting my tank. The moms I moved got berried in about 64 water.

·
Registered
532 Posts
My guys never bread in anything below 72 so I need heat fro them. With the STC-1000 I feel safe I see the temp from far away.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yes, it turns the power on and off so it is fail safe, one thing you need to do is to make sure that the wires you put in don’t come out in the back of the STC-1000 that was the only thing that happened to me and the temperature dropped but with the big display I saw it right away.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My Hydor inline works great on my ADA style CRS tank. No issues for 1.5yrs and counting.

Shuts off when it reaches its temp. BE CAREFUL WHEN DOING FILTER MAINTENACE AS YOU CAN EASILY MOVE THE TEMP DIAL ON THE UNIT!

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Get a Hydor inline heater and Temperature Controller STC-1000 with sensor. My water temperature is always at 23.5c +/- .3 degrees. If the temperature drops .3 the heater will go on if it goes up by .3 the fan kicks in. I Love it.
I see this on Amazon...does this plug into an outlet?

http://www.amazon.com/All-purpose-Temperature-Controller-STC-1000-sensor/dp/B00862G3TQ

This Finnex one looks good too....

http://www.amazon.com/HC-0300M-Max-...603&sr=1-1&keywords=MAX+300+Heater+Controller

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
By the way, I wanted to say "thanks" for all the suggestions. I'll be getting the Hydor inline heater along with the Finnex Temp controller.....

now i'm on the hunt for a nice surge protector on amazon. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts