What QCD posted is correct and I didn't catch mine soon enough and lost them to HTH.
The treatment most miss all together is to WORM YOUR FISH! We treat our dogs, cats, pigs, horse's, cows,,, the list is endless. but not our fish. Not anymore for this fish keeper.
I now start internally with all new fish and go from there.
1st flubendazole, 2nd levaisole hcl and metronidazole, most everything's covered for parasites.
Flubendazole and levaisole hcl are water column dosed and help even when fish hunger strikes.
Flubendazole is a plant safe parasite treatment but has to be ordered online (to my knowledge). It covers a broad range of bugs too. (not all but a bunch) *** it also kills snails but is safe for shrimp by user reports including folks here on TPT.
Velvet and ick are also covered by a flu treatment Doc sells as little or as much as you want.
External treatments include H2O2 and salt. (salt use is really rare for me)
Initial bacterial treatment (bare tank scaled fish only) if indicated is a 3% HP bath. Standard over the counter 3% hydrogen peroxide mixed to 10mL per gallon.
1 U.S. Teaspoon = 4.92892159 milliliters
2 teaspoons of H2O2 per gallon is perfect!
2-3 hour soak then 50% WC, 24hrs. later another 25% WC and the treatment is complete.
This treatment is the dose used to kill algae and practically all bacteria and parasites, protozoan’s, etc.
3% topical hydrogen peroxide treatment in an established tank.
Treatment of 10mL per gallon is still the dose used. Established treatment at this dosage is to isolate the filter (shut it down) allow for circulation with a power head or air stone. 3-5 hour stand time (longer due to tank bacteria in gravel etc,) on the treatment then do a 50% water change followed by a 25% water change after 24 hours. The filter can be restarted after the 50% water change. Delicate plants can melt.
This is the highest dosing of HP recommended by fish breeders on my other favorite website. I've used this dosing level twice to good result and followed the water changing recommendation.
HP has strong oxidizing properties. It is a powerful bleaching agent. The oxidizing capacity of hydrogen peroxide is so strong that it is considered a highly reactive oxygen. (Wikipedia)
H2O2 effects the slime coat and really weakened fish don't handle it well. Scaleless fish are burned bad enough not to survive.
Back in 2009 I treated mine with H2O2 and antibiotic's both gram negative and positive. Thought it helped. Knocked back the external signs but left latent parasites internal to the fish that destroyed them from the inside out.
TAFF II (imo) is the best angelfish site on the web.
This for me as I've posted goes back to March 2009.
My first post on TAFF II;
Unable to positively identify or treat. Fish has been isolated since 1/19/09.
Symptom/observation: a pimple like discharge and only appears above the eyes, very much site specific and linear in appearance. 2-4 white dots that seem to excrete, then fill again. Hunger strike and hiding behavior of 72hrs. prior to appearance and isolation. I've searched the web repeatedly without successfully match this site specific affliction. After trying various parasite, fungal, bacteria treatment regimes its a wonder its still alive. Potassium permanganate was first used in conjuction with Coppersafe and his fins burnt off. This is what some call a super veil double black that I would very much like to save. Anyone?
Nothing gets into my systems now without 45 day's of treatments and observation.
Really hope this info helps.