The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Its hard to tell by the picture but it looks like Malaysian to me. Its looks like the "Malaysian Driftwood" They sell at my LFS at least. From what I have read, as long as you avoid soft wood (such as pine and cedar) and the wood is not rotting you should be fine. It is also recomended to soak your wood before putting in the tank to leach tannins out and to get it to sink. Also if you are unsure of its origins, boiling it will kill any critters that may be in it.

·
I v(^o^)v shrimp
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its hard to tell by the picture but it looks like Malaysian to me. Its looks like the "Malaysian Driftwood" They sell at my LFS at least. From what I have read, as long as you avoid soft wood (such as pine and cedar) and the wood is not rotting you should be fine. It is also recomended to soak your wood before putting in the tank to leach tannins out and to get it to sink. Also if you are unsure of its origins, boiling it will kill any critters that may be in it.
sorry about picture
here, other one

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
LOL, when I look at a piece of driftwood, always try to find its dynamic. if you can't find any that means you have to do a puzzle in your head with a few pieces combine together. not a easy job.....BTW instead of searching through others planted tank for reference, I really prefer some natural landscape photos for inspiration. just my 2 cents ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.