The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I know, Pandas are low grade BKKs...that's why they are a smidge less in cost....I can't afford either...so anyone wants to cull their Bkks...holla!
That's not what I was told.

Buy the one whose coloration/pattern you like the best. Or if you're trying to make money, buy the one who retails for the highest amount, and pray the prices don't fall.
So you don't know which ones retails for more? Got links?

Agreed. There isn't quite a legit scale for them yet like there are for regular crystals, but that's the consensus, either way, you're talking well over $200 per shrimp here in the US and even elsewhere. they're still bkk.
Where are you finding this information? I've seen conflicting post on various forums. I'm just curious. I also don't quite understand you. You're saying that a Panda is still a BKK?

·
Banned
341 Posts
Panda is a lower grade of BKK, like in crystal shrimps more white is higher grade. In BKK's more black is higher grade. However, if your asking about cost. Currenrly Pandas are worth more than 1/2 bar BKK because pandas are easier to attain pattern BKK and theres a shortcut with panda that you can cross with something (which u need to research on) to get higher percentage of shadow pandas which cost major money.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So now we're saying Pandas are indeed lower grade, but are worth MORE money due to genetic traits only known by breeders?

I just don't get it because there's various post made by shrimp folks on other forums stating that indeed BKKs are worth more than Pandas. Maybe they didn't know what they were talking about?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I can't imagine who would keep such expensive shrimp in a tank (non breeder of course). I love shrimp and love to watch them but for $500/specimen. That's just crazy.

Anyone here actually pay that much (or close to it) who is not starting a business selling shrimp?

Crazy. I'll stick to Amano's and Cherry shrimp lol.

·
Banned
341 Posts
So now we're saying Pandas are indeed lower grade, but are worth MORE money due to genetic traits only known by breeders?

I just don't get it because there's various post made by shrimp folks on other forums stating that indeed BKKs are worth more than Pandas. Maybe they didn't know what they were talking about?
Pandas were always lower grade. In terms of value it always changes all depends on trends and rarity. A year ago, pandas were slightly cheaper than BKK and extremes were the most expensive. Now extremes are still expensive as heck and pandas have basically upgraded in value due to demand for what its capabilities are in terms of what offsprings can be produced.

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pandas were always lower grade. In terms of value it always changes all depends on trends and rarity. A year ago, pandas were slightly cheaper than BKK and extremes were the most expensive. Now extremes are still expensive as heck and pandas have basically upgraded in value due to demand for what its capabilities are in terms of what offsprings can be produced.
So have they been upgraded to the point where they've surpassed the value of the BKK? Or equivalent?

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
currently any panda BKK yields a better price tag than 1/2 bar BKK
I keep hearing 1/2 bar BKK... can you show me a picture of one? I'm curious as to how these look compared to other grades.

·
Banned
341 Posts

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.