The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the past 2-3 months I have had my bamboo shrimp in my tank with my beta, pleco, 2 assassin snails, and a few ghost shrimp that we lost in the last few weeks. other than that they all have seemed to be happy and healthy until about 5 days ago a black spot appeared on my bamboo shrimp. later that night he was laying on his side and was down and not fanning until today. now he is back up and perched but he still has the black spot and isn't fanning and seems weak. unfortunately we ran out of test strips so i havent been able to check his water but everyone else still seems to be thriving. we're supposed to be moving out of out apartment today, and i was already worried enough about the stress of the move in the little guys, but now im especially concerned about my bamboo shrimp! does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with him or how i can help him?

Aquarium decor Freshwater aquarium Syngnathiformes Fish supply Aquarium

(sorry the picture is rotated to the side)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Those test strips are pretty worthless, you need a liquid test kit. They are the most accurate and will give you the real numbers. What is your water change sch? When was the last water change? What water conditioner do you use? What foods do you feed? Do you use any aerosols in the house? Anything new in the tank? How long has the tank been set up? Any kids in the house? What size tank?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've kept them for years. Mine were always bright red when happy and brown when stressed.
Water quality is a big deal with them. Proper test kit and weekly water changes are a must. Also a treat of frozen daphnia is always appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts