The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my blixa japonica and chain swords (or some sort of grass plant) have been getting eaten by something in my tank and I dont know what it is, although I have an idea. Of the fish I have in there the only ones that could be doing this are an adult CAE, 5 adult SAE's, a normal pleco (about 4in), 2 flordia flagfish. I am thinking either the SAE's or the flagfish and leaning towards the flagfish since I have had these same SAE's with Blixa before in another tank and they left it alone. The blixa is getting torn apart, instead of leaves that are 5 inches or so long they are maybe one inch. Its not a nutrient problem because I took a few large ones grown in another tank and placed them into this tank and they were eaten down like the others within a week or two. Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Although there are several species called "common" plecos and I don't know which you have, I'd bet pleco. My plecos ate everything, from oranges to anacharis to raw shrimp to pothos. I'm sure they would have loved a nice tender lawn like yours. And they do tend to consume entirely, and not leave anything.

The CAE should probably be safe, and I have no experience with the other critters. I'm surprised you have anything left, though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.