The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yup, they are the same species. Regular is cherry shrimp, which is mottled red with a lot of clear shell sometimes.. people breed the cherries for more red colours, the next grade up is sakura... and even more solid red is painted fire red.

·
I v(^o^)v shrimp
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, they are the same species. Regular is cherry shrimp, which is mottled red with a lot of clear shell sometimes.. people breed the cherries for more red colours, the next grade up is sakura... and even more solid red is painted fire red.
it means they just make up new name for this shrimp, and try to sell more shrimp ?

·
Registered
821 Posts
The owners at Win actually allow you to net your own fish. Not sure why he didn't allow you to today. That is rather unusual as they are normally very open about this.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I got some of the Sakuras the a couple days ago, he netted them for me, but chose some really nice solid ones. Got a couple berried, and he even gave me some babies. Good deal. Before I added them, I took out all the cherries in the tank, only like 4 berried mamas. There is a very noticeable difference in color between the two.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
He's mainly there during the weekdays. His son runs the shop on the weekend as they are open seven days a week.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts