The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok so it's kind of tough to see from the picture but I added some manzanita wood to my tank yesterday and when I got home from work just now I noticed what I can only describe as white stuff all over it. It almost looks like the wood is glowing. Anyone have a clue what this is and should I be concerned? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts

Ok so it's kind of tough to see from the picture but I added some manzanita wood to my tank yesterday and when I got home from work just now I noticed what I can only describe as white stuff all over it. It almost looks like the wood is glowing. Anyone have a clue what this is and should I be concerned? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
same thing has happened to me several times with different kinds of wood, it's just a temporary fungus, if you have and ottos or other algae eaters they LOVE that stuff...if not it'll clear after awhile...you can help it along my trying to remove it but good luck pulling it out ;)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yep, I have it in my new tank on Manzanita wood, too.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
yep one of the most asked questions I always see from newer aquascapers :) its just mold/fungus? and will go away after a few weeks/months. nothing to worry about

1 - 8 of 8 Posts