The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 tanks with sand, and I don't want to sift it myself, and I don't really do it much, just once a week during wc... What can I get to sift it for me?

20 gallon planted- titanium moon sand, has cherry shrimp, Cory catfish, apple snail, ottos, 2 plattys.

5 gallon- african dwarf frogs

45 gallon- red tailed shark, angels, black skirt tetras, nerite snails, Molly's and I think I spotted some kind of small snail today, and it didn't look like a normal snail, so I'm hoping it's a malasyian trumpet snail... It's shell is kind of that shape but not as vivid..

Thanks!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You talking about Malaysian Trumpet snails?

That will burrow through substrate to help prevent anaerobic spots that can form hydrogen sulfide pockets?

Yes, exactly. I think that's what they are though, but I can't tell now, they're babies. But I was wondering if anything else is a good option for preventing the pockets.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Yes, exactly. I think that's what they are though, but I can't tell now, they're babies. But I was wondering if anything else is a good option for preventing the pockets.
\man get a stick peice of wood watever stir your sand every how long you need that wil get rid of gas buildup just have to turn the sand/stir it up/ move it and u wil be finde

edit. sory just relised u want a animal sand sifter stupid me lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.