The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of those 2$ nano ones, but is there something out there that puts out a really fine mist? I dont want a reactor because that will be more equipment. My daughter like the bubbles anyways, but I am wanting a mist. Is there such a thing?

·
Registered
127 Posts
The UpAqua CO2 Atomizers are awesome ;). They are easily found online or on e-Bay. I suggest you go with the inline models over the Bazooka type. I run these on all my planted tanks and I find them easy to clean (given the right technique). Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a HOB filter in one tank and canister in another. I want to try a really good in-tank diffuser first on the HOB tank and see how that goes. The Atomic sounds good and I have seen a u tube video about it but I need to hear it from people here first before I buy it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
+1 for inline don't see why anyone would want the diffuser in the tank making bubbles. Might as well get one of the treasure chests.

But I have heard inline doesnt diffuse as well before its "gassed"

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
But I have heard inline doesnt diffuse as well before its "gassed"
Actually, in-line diffusers/reactors are much more efficient than in-tank ones because there's more distance for the CO2 bubbles to travel before reaching the surface.

The diffusion rate of in-line diffusers/reactors is also dependent on your filter's flow rate. A high water flow rate will decrease the amount of time the CO2 bubbles have to diffuse into the water column, thus decreasing the efficiency.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Actually, in-line diffusers/reactors are much more efficient than in-tank ones because there's more distance for the CO2 bubbles to travel before reaching the surface.

The diffusion rate of in-line diffusers/reactors is also dependent on your filter's flow rate. A high water flow rate will decrease the amount of time the CO2 bubbles have to diffuse into the water column, thus decreasing the efficiency.
i dont know about that
if you have a high flow rate there more turbulence on a inline
on a reactor you just use a wider diffusing chamber

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.