The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while I've gotten into the planted tank scene for about 7 months now, I'm still learning lots about tank keeping...

there's a LFS closing down about 40 miles away. they're selling their 75G display tanks...so I'm guessing they're probably a bit abused. acrylic tanks..so thinking I might be able to buff out scratches?

anyway...they're described as pre-drilled. what does that mean?

thanks!

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
...so I'm guessing they're probably a bit abused. acrylic tanks..so thinking I might be able to buff out scratches?
Buffing out scratches on Acrylic, while not hard, is involved. Read up on it before you take that drive. If I remember correctly you'll be sanding in alternating directions from 100 to 3000grit sand paper, and you can't make any jumps in grit grade either.

Also be sure to see the tank full of water. Of course to be sure it is solid but, also some small scuffing from improper cleaning may not be so obvious when the tank is full. I have a used acrylic that is like that. Looks ugly dry but not all that bad filled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.