The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
I have black sand in the bttm of my 36 and love the way it looks but since Ive added 3 cories all my plants are covered with dust each morning. Ill prob head over to lps to pick something up to help control the dust. I dont remember the name of what I have now I ordered it through foster and smith. I dont mind something lighter. What type of sand would you recomend to go over the sand I have now that would keep the bust down? Also since my tank is completely planted how would I add this to the tank with out covering the plants?
thanks
Patrick

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wallace I should prob go back and edit my post. I guess I could get a small ph but I would prob need two. What I was trying to ask is what is a good sand I can use to put ontop of my soil to keep the dust down?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks hoppy ok but this has been going on for a week now. I clean off the leaves each morn and then the next day they have dust all over them again. Im running two hob filters and changing water every other week

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.