The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
I have black sand in the bttm of my 36 and love the way it looks but since Ive added 3 cories all my plants are covered with dust each morning. Ill prob head over to lps to pick something up to help control the dust. I dont remember the name of what I have now I ordered it through foster and smith. I dont mind something lighter. What type of sand would you recomend to go over the sand I have now that would keep the bust down? Also since my tank is completely planted how would I add this to the tank with out covering the plants?
thanks
Patrick

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wallace I should prob go back and edit my post. I guess I could get a small ph but I would prob need two. What I was trying to ask is what is a good sand I can use to put ontop of my soil to keep the dust down?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
I would let the filter do the job of clearing the water. Anything you put on top would soon be mixed in with the Floramax, and any silt problem would still be there.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks hoppy ok but this has been going on for a week now. I clean off the leaves each morn and then the next day they have dust all over them again. Im running two hob filters and changing water every other week

1 - 7 of 7 Posts