The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eclipse cube isn't much to look at, especially when comparing it to my biocube.
I have no Idea on how I should set this tank up so what would you do?

-eclipse 12
-original lighting (not really bright at all)
-The sponge on the inlet is removable I just used to because this tank used to be a fry tank.
-sand substrate
-anubias & java moss
(top tank biocube/ lower tank eclipse)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I would...
Add a nice chunk of wood to cover the inlet, attach the anubias to the wood with the larger piece on the bottom, the smaller on the top.
Spread out the java moss onto some mesh and make a carpet.
Add a light blue (or whatever color made the plants and fish pop) background.
Add some tiny little fish that swim at the top level.
:D

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
stack some pretty rock across the back to help hide the heater and intake and call it good. keep it simple and put a nice betta or a few small fish like cpd's in it. tuck anubias into the rock work and let the java do what it wants.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts

:icon_mrgr
If you hadn't gone all out, that wouldn't have been so amazing, but you did and I LOVE IT hahaha! 👍

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a 6 gal eclipse I'm re-doing w/ rock & java ferns. It's going to be a snail tank.

I like rocks - & have them (back yard) and I like - & have some java ferns.

I wanted to only use what I already had on hand.

I'd go with rock and/or DW & a bit more substrate.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ike it's not a "thing" - just me being lazy:biggrin:

I wanted to do something w/ the tank but didn't think I wanted to take care of more fish (I worry & fuss enough w/ my 20 gal L!)

I have a zebra nerite in the big tank & think they are cool looking so thought I would have a snail tank w/ a few plants.

Easy to take care of & something nice to look at.

And of course should I find some fish I can't live w/o - I have a home set up for them!!

Love the Spongebob tank!! Now I have more ideas for mine:icon_eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ah ok, because I've heard of these massive freshwater rabbit snails (orange tylomania) and wasn't sure. I've got 3 olive nerites in my 55g and I too think they're pretty. Sponge bob theme is hilarious!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.