The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Fluval Edge 6 gallon tank just sitting around, but it's the tank only w/ the filter and that's it. So here's my dilemma... I have $100 to toss around, so do I spend the money to get a ZooMed 501 mini canister filter, and a Finnex Planted+ light... Or should I just indulge myself with a brand new Fluval Spec V for $80 on sale from PetsFart?!?!

Now the Edge tank I have sitting around has nothing wrong with it, no chips in the glass and holds water with no leaks. So what would you do in this situation?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I already have a 100 gallon tank, 45 gallon long tank, and 2 fluval edge tanks. Mind you all of these tanks are in my bedroom lol, so I don't really have the room for another "big tank". The 100 gallon tank needs to be resealed, the 45 gallon long tank is set up as planted, and the 2 edge tanks are just collecting dust.

But I made up my mind, and got the Fluval Spec V this morning; It'll be set up as a low tech planted tank that will house the Electric Blue Ram that's in my 45 gallon tank right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.