The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have been a newbie/ lurker for some time... So, I decided to check out the swap and shop and the power seller threads. My very first posts were to let some folks know that I was interested in a purchase. Anyway, my first experience was just awesome! great service, tracking info provided shipped fast, item in great condition. The second experience imo has been really bad and I don't know why. I have chosen to be vauge here ( no names or particular items will be mentioned) It is not my intention to bash or vent however, I do feel need to express how I feel ( I'm funny that way lol).. paid for this item on 10/6, I waited until 10/11 to send a friendly "bump" to ask for tracking/ shipment info.. I did get a response with the seller asking me what name the payment was made under ( that should have been a big ole red flag), I replied with the appropriate info and was told that my order would be shipped on 10/14. At that point I was upset but decided to be patient. I have waited until today ( still no shipping info provided ) to "bump" again and again was asked what the name was and what item I bought , this time I was told that they had to order shipping supplies and that my order would go out Thur or Friday.. You know what folks , I was done at that point :icon_evil. I politely asked for a refund and they did politely agree to give it. Everyone has nothing but good things to say about this sellers product and service. I am not sure what happened. They just did not seem to care about my order or that fact that they provided me with awful customer service. I am now more than a little wary of other power sellers here. So tell me if this has happened to any of you? Or the bigger question is what would you do if it did?

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Tara - Don't lump everyone into one pile good or not so good. Yes, it's frustrating when things don't go right. i've bought from members selling extra plants or shrimp, power sellers and sponsors. Most everyone was great, had a few fails too.

There are people I won't buy from again, there's one person here that's a jerk to new members I'll never buy from no matter what. However, there are a lot of people I bought from more than once and I recomend them on and off the board.

I do hold the business people to a higher standard. Funny, most of the regular members give the best service.

I would tell you I think as a whole we tend to rate each other a little higher than we should. I know there are few people I should have rated a bit lower. But, I really try to put myself in their shoes as I sell a thing or two once in a while here to help pay for trhe hobby.

Try not to let one bad seller steal your inner peace.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
I have never had any bad experiences with anyone on here. I have purchased items and received a ton more than I bought. The best thing you can do is give him a negative on his trader info and let everyone know on there. any transactions should be complicated... you sell an item you have, you get paid and then you ship it out.... they shouldnt have sold it if they didn't have supplies to ship it, or they should have at least told you before you paid. but.... certain circumstances do happen but communication is key!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Yeah don't lump all of us power sellers together. I've corresponded with and done business with most of the power sellers here as well as do my own selling obviously. 99% of the sellers are great people and always willing to help. Sorry you had a bad experience. Unfortunately it happens...

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Life happens and sometimes it affects a sale. Maybe that person had a family emergency or something. That's happened to me before.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never had any bad experiences with anyone on here. I have purchased items and received a ton more than I bought. The best thing you can do is give him a negative on his trader info and let everyone know on there. any transactions should be complicated... you sell an item you have, you get paid and then you ship it out.... they shouldnt have sold it if they didn't have supplies to ship it, or they should have at least told you before you paid. but.... certain circumstances do happen but communication is key!
I agree, communication is the key. If the seller had just let me know about a delay or that there were issues I would have been ok. What I am not ok with is the non- chalant attitude about the whole thing:icon_evil and you are also right about giving them the proper rating. Thanks for reading and responding

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Life happens and sometimes it affects a sale. Maybe that person had a family emergency or something. That's happened to me before.
I agree that "something" could have happened, however since this post I have recieved pm's letting me know that this person has done this to someone else and they placed an order way before mine. I wonder how many emergencies they have???

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
If you paid for something and didn't get it, definitely report it to us.

Besides that, if you had a bad experience with somebody, don't be a repeat customer. You wouldn't return to a restaurant where you had bad food & service but you will find other restaurants who will gladly have your business.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you paid for something and didn't get it, definitely report it to us.

Besides that, if you had a bad experience with somebody, don't be a repeat customer. You wouldn't return to a restaurant where you had bad food & service but you will find other restaurants who will gladly have your business.
Thanks, for the responses. It shows that there are really great people here who want to make sure that everybody has as positive an experince as possible, granted there will be issues sometimes. so far everybody has been really helpful and given me good advice:smile:. You are right, I have already found another way to purchase the product I wanted, sadly it's not from another member here but at least I won't have this happen to me again.

·
Banned
2,269 Posts
I hope you left some feedback. I have no idea who it is, but I (and others) would like to know before we purchase something, so please leave feedback.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The seller isn't me.... but I've done the same thing to customers, and I feel terrible about it.

My organizational skills are lacking. I'm slow(and upfront about it to customers), and it almost always takes me too long to ship. Part of this is because my "real job" is taking up too much of my time. One of the things that is exciting is that I'm moving to 3/4 time at my "real job" so that I can ship orders faster.

People are very understanding, and I do my best to take care of them. But I do understand when someone isn't patient with the process, as my nature I'm actually not very patient.

So I totally understand that it is disappointing to wait a while. Particularly if the seller says they are shipping soon. I've had more than one order miss the ship date. Then to make matters worse, I seem to have a rather high level of package loss with USPS, so things get even messier. I am in no way saying you shouldn't be upset. Just saying that I know it happens.

Just today I had to tell someone that I screwed up and forgot to ship a package. It is like punching myself in the gonads, as it really is a reflection of me and RootMedic, and I hate letting people down.

I hope your experiences are better than this in the future. I do know the seller you are talking about, and know they are busy and this isn't in any way even a "job" to them, so take that small piece into account. I highly doubt that it was intentional.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The seller isn't me.... but I've done the same thing to customers, and I feel terrible about it.

My organizational skills are lacking. I'm slow(and upfront about it to customers), and it almost always takes me too long to ship. Part of this is because my "real job" is taking up too much of my time. One of the things that is exciting is that I'm moving to 3/4 time at my "real job" so that I can ship orders faster.

People are very understanding, and I do my best to take care of them. But I do understand when someone isn't patient with the process, as my nature I'm actually not very patient.

So I totally understand that it is disappointing to wait a while. Particularly if the seller says they are shipping soon. I've had more than one order miss the ship date. Then to make matters worse, I seem to have a rather high level of package loss with USPS, so things get even messier. I am in no way saying you shouldn't be upset. Just saying that I know it happens.

Just today I had to tell someone that I screwed up and forgot to ship a package. It is like punching myself in the gonads, as it really is a reflection of me and RootMedic, and I hate letting people down.

I hope your experiences are better than this in the future. I do know the seller you are talking about, and know they are busy and this isn't in any way even a "job" to them, so take that small piece into account. I highly doubt that it was intentional.
Thanks for chiming in... I totally agree that things can happen. I am ok with that, as long as someone values me enough as a customer to communicate with me. It isn't the waiting that was my issue. From what I have read here when you have an issue like this you at LEAST apoligise and try to make it right instead of making excuses. There was no attempt to do even that in my case. It made me feel devalued as a customer. Truthfully it kind of ticked me off as well. Anyway, a person can always take thier business elsewhere as was said/ advised in another post!

·
Super Moderator
15,266 Posts
Thanks, for the responses. It shows that there are really great people here who want to make sure that everybody has as positive an experince as possible.
I've certainly found that to be the case. Never had much of a negative experience but sometimes people lag on the communication front.

If you're not hearing from someone or not getting tracking information when it's promised, that's worth bringing up with the seller -- EVEN IF you get the product on time. It can help people become better at what they do.

Most of us here, I believe, have much better experiences on the SnS dealing with hobbyists than we've ever had with a LFS or large retailer.

Don't let one bad seed ruin your opinion.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also in the end they made a prompt refund when you asked so it could have been worse.
not quite... I said I asked and they agreed. However, I will believe it when it happens. At this point I don't trust them to keep thier word at all. I feel a lot better with all of the positive feedback :icon_lol:.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I've bought dry goods from quite a few of the power sellers. The fastest and most prompt service was also the most uncomfortable to deal with. I just didn't dig the tone, but hey, it's hard to tell with text.

I've had orders never show up, with communication the entire way, but these transactions have ended fine. I usually get a load of freebies when stuff goes awry.

The best result I've had yet was the most messed up transaction. Miscommunication, slightly delayed shipping, wrong products. You just have to make your dissatisfaction known and it would be very strange for a PS to ignore the issue. They are power sellers after all. Most make it right and then some.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, here is an update to the situation, as I figured this seller is a complete and total unprofessional jerk! looks like I am going to have to go thru paypal for a refund.. On yesterday I sent a pm since I had not seen any evidence of an attempt to refund me. I have had a paypal refund before and I know it does not take long once it is submitted. I got a response via pm.... As I replied yesterday, when I have the $ in my account ill be happy to refund it. Not sure if you are familiar with the feedback system here but I have over 260 positive remarks and over 400 in total with one even a single negative reply. It would be very foolish on my (or anyone's) part to jeopardize that over $13. You will get your money as soon as I get it.All I could think was wow:mad: really? and keep in mind they never responded until this. Well I am done being nice about this. I am contactiong paypal and I am leaving the review I should have left in the first place. What I don't get get is why THEY have an attitude, it's not like somebody took thier mony in echange for something THEY never got ( no that would be me) Anyway, for all who are interested I will keep this updated. The total arrogance and disrespect coming from this person has me postively :mad:. Anyway I am off to give feedback.

Tara

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Reading that from MY eyes, I don't see anything all that crazy. Maybe not worded the best... but not attitude.

I think the issue is that the seller has no funds in paypal and is waiting on an ach transaction to bring funds back in(up to 5 days) to place the refund.

If you file with paypal, it could take well over 30 days to get the money back. I'm not saying you shouldn't, but just be aware that it could easily be 45 days.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts