The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55g heavily planted tank ight now but it is going to become a 125g in a few months. I currently run a 2026 Eheim but I think ill need to add something when I get the bigger tank.

What would be the best thing to add. Im thinking another eheim as im warry of the other brands, and this eheim was the first canister I had.

Im also planning on getting a inline heater [DIY] and CO2. Would I need this on both canisters?

Are the built in heater canisters good? Iv heard that if the heater breaks then the canisters done. Vis versa

Has anyone ever tried one of these?

EHEIM Pre-Filter 400462 with Base Housing
http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...1175437761152&itemNo=18&In=ALL&N=2030111&Ne=2

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Maybe use the 2026 with an additional 2128 thermo (internal heater). Or if you can afford it two 2128s. Possibly use the powerhead distrbd suggests, but its more stuff in the tank.

If it was me I would put a 300 watt hydor on the 2026.

Re: CO2, Get a good quality regulator the first time. I have one from Rexgrigg.com and two from Aquariumplants.com. Both use quality solenoids and Cornelius regulators which are GREAT! And jump on the thread: "My gift to you" in Equipment section for those Swagelok needlevalves instead of the Clippards. (Rex can help out here).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.