The Planted Tank Forum banner

What variety of hygro is this?

779 9
I picked this up under the impression it was hygro "sunset" or Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig' I have it in 4 different tanks with various lighting from low to high. It won't change colors. Still a solid green. I have someone wanting to trade me some Hygrophila polysperma but I believe this might be what I already have. What do you think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
. I traded a few large hygro for them, so I don't feel bad, I just placed them where I wanted some color. So that's not working out for me right now. I just had someone that wanted to trade me for my sunset and I didn't want to rip them off. Figured it was best to deteremine what it was before they were traded away. I can get better photos if need be.

· Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I got sorta of the correct one, just not the sunset. Is there a way I would be able to tell them apart in the future. I just got a bunch of small clippings, they grow very very fast but never colored up. I figured something was off with them. Besides color, is there a shape or something that would stick out to help me better id them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.