The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked this up under the impression it was hygro "sunset" or Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig' I have it in 4 different tanks with various lighting from low to high. It won't change colors. Still a solid green. I have someone wanting to trade me some Hygrophila polysperma but I believe this might be what I already have. What do you think.

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
That is not 'sunset'.

v3

·
Plant Whisperer
2,550 Posts
Cavan would probably know for certain, but it looks more like one of the corymbosa varieties out there to me. They are next to impossible to tell apart but are all corymbosa species.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
. I traded a few large hygro for them, so I don't feel bad, I just placed them where I wanted some color. So that's not working out for me right now. I just had someone that wanted to trade me for my sunset and I didn't want to rip them off. Figured it was best to deteremine what it was before they were traded away. I can get better photos if need be.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I got sorta of the correct one, just not the sunset. Is there a way I would be able to tell them apart in the future. I just got a bunch of small clippings, they grow very very fast but never colored up. I figured something was off with them. Besides color, is there a shape or something that would stick out to help me better id them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts