The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a question as it related to fertilizing....wondering if this would be classified as a light or moderately planted tank....assuming it will change how I dose the tank....(plan to use EI dosing with Seachem liquid line until I get my dry ferts in)....ignore the numbers on the picture....just states which aquaclear pump I am using

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It looks like a lightly planted tank to me. Root fertilizer for the sword?

PS: Spread the hair grass some more :icon_cool

·
Registered
745 Posts
lightly planted

criticisms:
spread the DHG out more

for those 3 HOB filters and 2 ladder diffusers
...you could have bought 1 canister filter and an inline CO2 reactor...Co2 would be more efficiently used and (IMO) canisters > HOB filters at cleaning and polishing the water

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so....with my next water change I will be splitting up the hairgrass.....the ladders that were in the pciture were when I was using the dry yeast method....I now have pressuirzed CO2 that is running into the tank....the HOB filters are the most cost effective for me at this time....I will be upgrading to canister shortly, any suggestions for the type/model?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Planted Tank

Hello Gafi...

Very nice tank. From your pic it appears the tank is lightly planted and relatively small, 29 to 30 gallon. Difficult to tell from the pic. How many gallon tank is it?

B

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
36 gal bow is the tank....unfortunatly, im limited with regards to the types of aquatic plants at my LFS....I'd have to special order some in...I currently have that amazon sword in the back right...so dwarf hairgrass (want that to carpet)...then the java ferns on the driftwood....and then some type of corkscrew plant (didnt get a name for it) in the back left and then another plant kinda centre back( dunno what it is either)......any suggestions on changing the aquascaping, or what plants I should add to this??

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
If it were my tank i'd fill the entire back with amazon sword, but thats cause i love the plant as much as some of my fish do, that corkscrew is corkscrew val and is native to north america, I personally like stone, though I do mix stone and wood, my favorite wood is manzanita, I like the scape and the only thig I would really change is the background and if you want your dhg to carpet you will need to break it up into smaller bundles, if you want it to grow in faster atleast. the gravel could also use some sloping if you are able to do it while filled, harder to explain than to do.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it looks deceiving from that angle....it is sloped toward the front, so higher in the back

·
Registered
5 Posts
Driftwood with anubias (both short and tall varieties), along with some mosses tucked here and there have always been favorites of mine. That little piece of mopani is so cute it needs its own tank. I just got three new mopani (couldn’t resist buying), that are soaking in a tub. Good luck with your fertilizing.

:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts