The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This driftwood is for sale on E-bay and I just finished reading several threads that listed the types of driftwoods that are not safe for aquarium use (pine, cedar, etc.). Does anyone know what type of wood this is? I've e-mailed the seller but, I'm not sure if they will even know. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, just as I suspected, the seller doesn't have a clue what type of wood it is. I'm thinking I should just go with a sure thing. I'm looking at Old River Rat Driftwood now but, there's a large difference in price. :confused: Thanks for trying Mori!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
ive used ocean driftwood before in my tank with no problems. I actually found two pieces on the beach and are using them in my tank right now. Just make sure the seller has cleaned it well. If not then just pour really hot water or boiling water over it several times and that should do the trick.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I think you'd want to feel it in person if you didn't know what it was. You could probably tell if it was a hardwood or a conifer...but ebay? I guess not. And it's so purty! Like the ones old people in retirement communities by the beach put on their pebble "lawns".

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
ehh i wouldnt recommend bleach. the wood soaks it up making it impossible to rinse it all off....just really hot water

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the help. I decided it was better to err on the safe side and went with a sure thing from Old River Rat. :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to getting this giant driftwood into my tank to replace all the ugly pieces that are in there currently!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.