The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
It could be C. crispatula var. balansae by looking at the bullated leaves. If that's what it is, it can hit 3 feet tall so you may not want to keep it in the foreground for long ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not sure what it is, but i'm pretty sure it's not balansae. Balansae's leaves grow tall very quickly, so it never has all of it's leaves short at the same time.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I'm not sure what it is, but i'm pretty sure it's not balansae. Balansae's leaves grow tall very quickly, so it never has all of it's leaves short at the same time.
Not necessarily. Alot of online vendors will sell plants without leaves so growth would be starting from the bare root.

Additionally, plantlets start off as runners and small plants as well.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It looks a lot like one I used to have that was sold to me as C. Spiralis. I'm not sure if that's really what mine was, since the order it came in had a lot of misidentified plants, but maybe.

·
PT Biologist
3,220 Posts
I vote C. crispatula var. balansae, young plants are short and look just like that. It looks like you got the variety with the red midrib.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Everyone! I should have taken a pic of the root system, It was massive. yeah the red in it is what really had me. I hope that's what it is. I'll post pics when it starts to grow.

Thanks! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts