The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It was sold as a wendtti bronze. The plant is roughly 10 inches high. @somewhatshocked suggested it is not a wedntii so that begs the question just what is this plant ? I found one website that listed the max height in the range of 20cm; if it is a wedntii what determines if they stay small and low to the ground or grow tall ? I have a second one in another tank that is similar height - maybe a bit bigger. That plant because it is near the front i can measure with a ruler and it is nearing 14 inches high.

·
Super Moderator
17,165 Posts
It honestly reminds me of C. usteriana or C. undulata. But the leaves look more like wendtii than those two, though not exactly like wendtii.

Is it possible it's a cross of some sort?

I really like this whatever it is. The underside of the leaves look almost rusted - like a diluted wendtii bronze/Tropica.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
It honestly reminds me of C. usteriana or C. undulata. But the leaves look more like wendtii than those two, though not exactly like wendtii.

Is it possible it's a cross of some sort?

I really like this whatever it is. The underside of the leaves look almost rusted - like a diluted wendtii bronze/Tropica.
I was thinking the same thing about the color.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.