The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 29gal is almost cycled! And I'm narrowing down what I want for fish. A family member is giving me three swordtails (1m & 2f). I'm also thinking 5/6 panda cories and some amano shrimp as cleanup crew. My youngest son wanted a betta, but I think we've convinced him that the swordtails will be a gift to him, he loves the colour orange.

So now I'm thinking what to go with them. I think I'd like a shoal. I automatically think neons/cardinals as I do like how colourful they are. But I'm wondering if there are other suggestions I may not think of? I'm pretty open here, I've never really had anything but betas and guppies in the past (I still love both!). I have some Emerald Eye Rasboras in my little 10gal, but to be honest I find them a bit bland. I also have oto's in the 10gal which I love, but with the cories and amanos I don't think I'd need them too.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have black neon tetras and they're awesome. I got mine from the wetspot tropical fish online. They have great genetics. You could also go with pristella tetras, bloodfins, rummynose, lemon tetras.

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.