The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, the lfs is having its big sale like they do every year after Christmas (boxing week sale), so i plan on going over there and buying myself some new fish :), now, I have two 10 gallons that are both low stocked (5 guppy fry in one, 4 cardinal tetras and two oto catfish in the other, the latter are going to be moving to my 55 gallon tank), and a 55 gallon that is also low stocked. I am thinking about getting a school of cory catfish for one of the ten gallons, but what would suit that size tank best? I already have a school of punctatus cory catfish in my 55 (will be beefing up that school in a few days), and I want a species that looks at least a little different then them, and I don't want the size of the tank to be a problem for them. Any suggestions for them? or any other fish? lol :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Are you moving the cardinals to the 55 too? Or can you? They are small fish but active and would appreciate more swim room, I think.

There's some debate about corys in a small tank since they are so active. I'd only do pygmy or dwarf corys in a 10 but they can be hard to find.

Some ideas for a 10 gal:
--two dwarf puffers OR
--a single betta (perhaps with shrimp and/or snails depending if the betta tolerates them); a small group of the pgymy or dwarf corys might do ok too but again it'll depend on the betta OR
-- a group of 6-8 nano fish like chili rasbora or celestial pearl danio or ember tetra. You could do the small corys with them too. Perhaps a sparkling gourami or 1-2 scarlet badis as a centerpiece (don't get any of the larger gouramis though)
--3-4 guppies OR
--2-3 platy

Just some ideas. I'm sure others will have more.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, the cardinals are moving to the 55, and will eventually increase in numbers. I can, the 55 only has a pair of small angelfish (getting three more), 4 rummynose tetras, and 3 punctatus cory catfish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.