The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using osmocoat In my 75 gallon planted tank since I set it up and it seems to be doing great for the plants I have to trim every week.
BUT!!!! Now that the tank has been set up for a while every time I pull up a plant to sell or to move all of the osmocoat balls are sitting all over the sunstraight and it makes me mad because I'm using eco complete
What does everyone thing about this?
Is there a better fert that I can use that's good for the plants (maybe better then osmocoat) but doesn't sit on the bottom of the tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I have been using osmocoat In my 75 gallon planted tank since I set it up and it seems to be doing great for the plants I have to trim every week.
BUT!!!! Now that the tank has been set up for a while every time I pull up a plant to sell or to move all of the osmocoat balls are sitting all over the sunstraight and it makes me mad because I'm using eco complete
What does everyone thing about this?
Is there a better fert that I can use that's good for the plants (maybe better then osmocoat) but doesn't sit on the bottom of the tank?

Hi jboone82590;9179561,

Siphon them off the substrate as you do your weekly water change.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Can you take your finger and push them back down or are we talking a quantity?
Maybe take some excess left over cap material and cover over them?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Use root tablets such as Seachem or other company makes specially for aquariums.
Will those desalve in the water?

Can you take your finger and push them back down or are we talking a quantity?
Maybe take some excess left over cap material and cover over them?
There is quite a few of them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.