The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/album.php?albumid=17090&pictureid=61442
Okay, so this is my 85 gallon tank. It is very much still a work in progress, and it is my first attempt at aquascaping. (If you've got to start somewhere, why not start out big? :wink: )
I was fortunate enough to find this beautiful wood centerpiece near my house. It belonged to a sand live oak tree growing in my front yard that was cut down years ago, and it's actually part of the root system.
Now that it's in there, though, I have no idea what to do with it. It's nice, but it could be beautiful. I have all manner of rhizome plants (java fern, java fern 'windelov', anubias, anubias 'petite', bolbitis, and even a few sprigs of mini bolbitis.) I also have java moss and another type of unidentifiable moss that resembles pearl moss. I have everything I could need to decorate it, save creative ideas. :help:
Someone help!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would, but I don't even know where to start. There are a ton of holes and crevices at the top that I'm sure would look great with a bit of finessing, but I can't imagine it in my head. :icon_frow
I also really hate where the java moss is. I want to use it for something, but I don't want the whole piece covered and it definitely doesn't look that good at the top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts