The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey got gregs ferts today and bought some small containers. Problem is i cant store all the ferts in the containers. Should i store what i cant fit in the fridge or just laying around works. Not sure the shelf life of them. What do you all do with your ferts?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. One for question can i mix the ferts together. This is my idea. get one of those week pill boxes and premix the powders a weeks worth and then just add per day you are one. Any comments??

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Pre-mix the macros (KNO3, KHPO4), but NOT the micros (CSM+B or TMG).

But pre-mixing kind of defeats the purpose of buying ferts separately so you can troubleshoot problems by adding more or less of a specific fertilizer.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks for the help on the containers and the pre mixing. Ill giv it a couple weeks till i premix anything. By doing adjustments do i make them per fert or an all together adjustment. I guess what im asking is how do i know how little or how much to add past the ei guidlines. Do i just look for algee and growth and if so do i drop back on all macros or just one or two of them... Sorry for all the ?'s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.