The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got gregs ferts today and bought some small containers. Problem is i cant store all the ferts in the containers. Should i store what i cant fit in the fridge or just laying around works. Not sure the shelf life of them. What do you all do with your ferts?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. One for question can i mix the ferts together. This is my idea. get one of those week pill boxes and premix the powders a weeks worth and then just add per day you are one. Any comments??

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Pre-mix the macros (KNO3, KHPO4), but NOT the micros (CSM+B or TMG).

But pre-mixing kind of defeats the purpose of buying ferts separately so you can troubleshoot problems by adding more or less of a specific fertilizer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I use small plastic containers that sour cream and dip come in. Make sure you label the lid and the actual container with what is in there in case you mix them up :/

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I mix my NPK up together and dose at one time. I would dose sperately for awhile until you know exactly how much of what ferts works best for your tank.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks for the help on the containers and the pre mixing. Ill giv it a couple weeks till i premix anything. By doing adjustments do i make them per fert or an all together adjustment. I guess what im asking is how do i know how little or how much to add past the ei guidlines. Do i just look for algee and growth and if so do i drop back on all macros or just one or two of them... Sorry for all the ?'s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts